26 Dec 2010
"The Joel Test"
Originally from this Joel On Software post, and good advice that prospective employees could use to evaluate a software company or development team.
If a company or team doesn’t pass this test, it’s probably one you want to pass on.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?